Emma's Hotel Bed & Breakfast is located on the site of the former luxury hotel Kurhaus and Parkhotel St. Josef. This hotel, built in 1896, was the first and most modern hotel in Lungern and offered its guests a tennis court and an avenue of lime trees, a smoking salon and ladies' hall, a croquet and bowling alley - and in summer even a spa orchestra - in addition to the good mountain air in Lungern.
In 1945 the hotel was bought by the cooperative Haus St. Josef and converted into a recreation and training center for Swiss catholic workers. The house was renovated and a chapel was built as well as the «Marienburg» and «Josefsburg» annexes. The home had to be closed in 2015 due to insufficient occupancy. Since renovation was not advisable, several residential buildings and Emma's Hotel Bed & Breakfast were built in its place in 2019.
Emma's Hotel is located in the former annex building «Marienburg». We kept some of the interesting objects from the old days: for example the old lift, some large beautiful mirrors, a huge sack scale, the chandelier, various accessories, crockery, and some pieces of furniture. We are happy to be part of the history of the hotel and to carry it into the future.
See you soon in Lungern!
Barbara Caluori and Emma's Team